Sunday, September 5, 2010

Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam (2010)

About a year ago, I watched the first Camp Rock because my friend said that I had to. "Every true Disney Channel fan has to watch Camp Rock." So of course, trying to prove my loyalty to Disney, I watched it. And I have to say that I wasn't that impressed. The Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato, whoopdie-doo. The songs were kind of lame and the storyline was quite cliche. So when I heard that they were going to be making a Camp Rock 2, I groaned and said honestly? Like we need another Disney Channel original movie.
HOWEVER.
I watched the movie when it came out onto TV Friday night, and I can honestly say that it was actually pretty good. Not as good as movies like Dead Poets Society and Say Anything of course, but it definitely wasn't terrible. The main thing that improved from the first was the music. On the first soundtrack, I only liked one, maybe two songs or possibly three, which would be pushing it. In the sequel, however, most of the songs were good. And unlike in the first one where the songs were all "performed," the second one had more of a musical aspect where they would start singing in the middle of a scene without instruments, which is the thing that I like. Also, they really packed a lot into a short hour-and-a-half long movie. I was greatly impressed, and I have to give props to Disney Channel, congratulations.
Oh, and it didn't hurt that the JoBros are quite the adorable bunch of boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment