Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, Part 1

Alright, so I'm a huge Harry Potter fan; books and movies. So when this movie was about to come out, the most important of the series, the one with the most information inside of it, I was a little nervous. I didn't want people slamming it simply because they just didn't understand what was going on, which is what a lot of people have been doing for the past few ones (five and six). So when I heard it was being split into two movies, I was kind of relieved. Now they can put more schtuff into it, so people won't be confused.
I saw the movie opening night.
Reaction? Oh my God, amazing. I fell in love with the series all over again. The people in the theater were so wonderful. I could hear everybody laughing at the funny parts - where there were many of - and crying at the sad parts. We clapped during Dobby's little speech, and cheered for Neville during that one line of his.
So the movie in general? I honestly thought that it was really wonderful, possibly one of the best out of all of them. They just put everything into it that they could. They followed the book almost exactly, not leaving too much out, and some scenes were exactly word for word as they were in the book, like when Ron left and came back, and the scene and Malfoy Manor, which will probably still give me chills when I watch it years from now. The sound of Hermione's screams flowing through the entire household is just terrifying to hear.
What I'm trying to say is that if you are any form of Harry Potter fan, you will enjoy this movie. Hell, if you're not you may even enjoy it. I must admit, that how far they went into the story - twenty-four chapters - is a little too far for comfort. It makes me feel like the second half will be all action and violence, and no actually finishing the story until the very end. However, that's the second one, not this one. And this one was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment